Advantage II for Ferrets
For the prevention & treatment of flea infestations
Help protect your little pet from these nasty fleas. These fleas can make your pet’s life miserable: they make your ferret want to itch and bite himself and if your ferret ingests fleas, he can also get tapeworms. Advantage II Ferret is a veterinarian-recommended treatment specifically formulated to kill all life stages of fleas on contact with no painful biting required. This spot-on treatment kills the eggs, larvae, and adults, thereby effectively breaking the flea life cycle and preventing flea infestations.
Advantage II Ferret contains two active ingredients:
Imidacloprid: an insecticide that disrupts the nerve's ability to send a normal signal, damaging the nervous system of the insect, which results in the insect's paralysis, and eventually their death.
Pyriproxyfen: an insect growth regulator that prevents the development of immature fleas.
Advantage II Ferret is waterproof and is specifically designed for ferrets 10 weeks or older and weighing 1 pound or more. This easy-to-apply, odorless flea prevention for ferrets starts working within 12 hours and keeps working for 30 days. Remember that even your indoor pets need to be treated since fleas can be brought into your home by you or other pets without even realizing it.
Indications for use
Advantage II Ferret is a spot-on treatment that kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, and prevents infestations.
Administration and dosage
How to open:
Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch. Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to apply:
- Remove one applicator tube from the package.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet’s face and eyes. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your cat’s eyes, or allow your cat to ingest this product. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Do not allow the product to run off.
- Discard empty tube.
- Under normal conditions, this product is effective for a month. However, in cases of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than 4 weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 14 days for kittens or once every 7 days for small and large cats. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.