Canine leptospira antibody test kit
Witness Lepto is a simple test based on Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM) technology that detects the presence of anti-Leptospira IgM antibody in canine whole blood, serum or plasma.
Witness Lepto kit contents:
- 5 Pouches, each containing 1 test device and desiccant
- 1 Saline buffer bottle (5 mL)
- 5 Self-filling capillary pipettes
- Instructions for use
Indications for use
Witness Lepto should be used in sick dogs with symptoms compatible with Canine Leptospirosis:
- Signs of renal and/or hepatic failure, lethargy, anorexia, vomitus, acute febrile illness, pulmonary hemorrhage, anemia, uveitis, and abortion.
Witness Lepto detects IgM antibodies against:
- Leptospira serovars Canicola, Pomona, Icterhaemorrhagiae, and Grippotyphosa in the dog’s whole blood, plasma, or serum. The test is simple, requires minimal equipment and capabilities, and results are obtained in 10 minutes.
A positive result on Witness Lepto associated with clinical signs is strongly indicative of acute Leptospirosis.
Witness Lepto cannot differentiate between antibodies to pathogenic and nonpathogenic serovars (Autumnalis and Bratislava). IgM antibodies resulting from vaccination may be detected.
Administration and dosage
- Tear open a pouch provided and place the test device on a flat horizontal surface.
- Gently grip the stem of the pipette. Do not squeeze the bulb. The pipette will fill automatically by capillary action when placed in the sample. The bulb is only squeezed when depositing the sample on the test.
- Hold a tube of sample and pipette at an angle to allow proper filling of pipette. Without squeezing, place the tip of the pipette in the sample.
- The capillary tube in the pipette will fill automatically in 2-3 seconds.
- Remove pipette from sample when the capillary tube has filled. If the capillary tube is not filling, hold the sample and pipette at a greater angle, or repeatedly remove and reinsert the pipette tip into the sample.
- Touch the tip of the pipette to the sample pad and carefully squeeze the bulb to express the sample, making sure fingers are covering the vent holes on the pipette bulb.
- Remove the cap from the buffer bottle, hold it vertically and add three drops of buffer to the test well.
- After 10 minutes, observe the presence or absence of pink/red bands in the reading windows.