Feline leukemia antigen test kit
Witness FELV is a convenient, easy way to detect feline leukemia virus antigens.
Witness FELV kit contents:
- 10 or 25 Pouches, each containing 1 test device.
- 10 or 25 disposables pipettes.
- 1 Buffer dropper bottle (2.2 mL)
- Instructions for use.
Indications for use
Witness FELV is indicated for use when history and/or clinical signs may suggest infection by feline leukemia virus (FeLV) or as a screening test prior to an FeLV vaccination. Cats should also be tested prior to entry into FeLV-negative households or catteries.
Administration and dosage
Witness FELV sample Information:
A sample size of 0.05 mL should be used. An appropriate sample can be any one of the following:
- Anticoagulated whole blood (blood that has been collected in an
- EDTA [purple top] or heparin [green top] tube)
Instructions for use:
- Open the foil pouch and place the test kit on a flat horizontal surface for the duration of the test.
- Using the supplied pipette*, transfer 1 drop of sample (or 0.05 mL) onto the sample well (window 1), and allow for the sample to be completely absorbed.
- Add 2 drops of buffer to the sample well (window 1).
- Wait 10 minutes for sample and buffer to migrate across the test kit into windows 2 and 3.
- Read test results. When the control line appears in window 3, the test was performed correctly.
- It is important to use the pipette provided to ensure enough sample is dropped into the well for accurate results.