Don't wait for weight loss
Add Entyce (capromorelin oral solution) at the first sign of decreased eating as part of your overall treatment plan.
Stimulate appetite early with Entyce as part of an overall treatment plan.
- Entyce has a targeted mode of action which mimics the action of ghrelin (the hunger hormone) to trigger feelings of hunger
- Entyce effectively stimulates appetite to help improve food consumption
- Safe for daily administration
- Convenient, once-daily oral solution
Inappetence is defined as a reduction in or lack of appetite. It may be associated with a variety of conditions or diseases and can be challenging to treat. Early clinical intervention is important to prevent subsequent loss of body weight and complications.
There are varying levels of inappetence, including decreased appetite, changes in appetite, and refusal to eat any food, which all can lead to drastic weight loss.
It is important to monitor and address changes in a dog’s eating behavior since inadequate nutritional intake can result in long-term complications, including impaired quality of life.
Signs of inappetence may include:
- Decreased interest in or enthusiasm for food
- Weight loss
- Muscle wasting
- Lip smacking
- Poor hair coat
There are many potential causes of inappetence in dogs, including both chronic and acute medical conditions, medications and psychological problems (e.g., stress or changes in routine, environment or diet).