Control of internal parasites
Ivomec Pour-on is a topical solution that delivers internal and external parasite control in cattle.
Each mL of Ivomec Pour-on contains:
- Ivermectin 5 mg
Indications for use
When applied at the recommended dose level of 500 mcg/kg, *Ivomec Pour-on** is indicated for the effective control of these parasites:
- Ostertagia ostertagi (including inhibited stage) (adults and L4), Haemonchus placei (adults and L4), Trichostrongylus axei (adults and L4), T. colubrifomis (adults and L4), Cooperia oncophora (adults and L4), Cooperia punctata (adults and L4), Cooperia surnabada (adults and L4), Strongyloides papillosus (adults), Oesophagostomum radiatum (adults and L4), Trichuris spp.(adults)
- Dictyocaulus viviparus (adults and L4)
- (parasitic stages) Hypoderma bovis, H. Iineatum
- Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis
- Linognathus vituli, Haematopinus eurysternus, Damalinia bovis, Solenopotes capillatus
- Haematobia irritans
Ivomec Pour-on (ivermectin topical solution) has been proved to effectively control infections and to protect cattle from re-infection with: Oesophagostomum radiatum and Dictyocaulus viviparus for 28 days after treatment; Cooperia punctata and Trichostrongylus axei for 21 days after treatment; Ostertagia ostertagi, Haemonchus placei, Cooperia oncophora and Cooperia surnabada for 14 days after treatment; Damalinia bovis for 56 days after treatment.
Treatment of cattle for horn flies:
- Ivomec Pour-on (ivermectin topical solution) controls horn flies (Haematobia irritans) for up to 28 days after dosing. For best results Ivomec Pour-on (ivermectin topical solution) should be part of a parasite control program for both internal and external parasites based on the epidemiology of these parasites. Consult your veterinarian or an entomologist for the most effective timing of applications.
Administration and dosage
- The dose rate is 1 mL for each 22 lb of body weight. The formulation should be applied along the topline in a narrow strip extending from the withers to the tailhead.
Metering Cup with Measure-Squeeze-Pour System 250 mL (8.5 fl oz), Container with 25 mL Metering Cup and 1 Liter (33.8 fl oz), Container with 60 mL Metering Cup):
This pack contains 1 Metering Cup and 1 dip tube.
- Insert the dip tube into base of the Metering Cup. Leave the “slotted end” of the dip tube exposed in the bottom of the container.
- Unscrew shipping cap from container top.
- Screw the Metering Cup onto container top.
- Measure: To select the correct dose rate, rotate the adjuster cap (top) in either direction to position the dose indicator to the weight of the animal you want to treat. When body weight is between markings, use the higher setting.
- Squeeze the container gently to fill the Metering Cup to the required dose. Release your grip and any excess will return to the container.
- Pour: Apply the full dose by tipping and pouring along the backline of the animal until the Metering Cup is empty.
- Storage: The Metering Cup should not remain attached to the container when not in use. Detach the Metering Cup after each use and replace the shipping cap to close the container top.
Collapsible Pack (84.5 fl oz/2.5 L Pack and 169 fl oz/5 L Pack):
Connect the applicator gun to the collapsible pack as follows:
Attach the open end of the draw-off tubing to the dosing equipment. (Because of the solvents used in the formulation, only the Protector Drench Gun from Instrument Supplies Limited, or equivalent, is recommended. Other applicators may exhibit compatibility problems resulting in locking, incorrect dosage or leakage.)
Replace the shipping cap with the draw-off cap and tighten down. Attach draw-off tubing to the draw-off cap.
Gently prime the applicator gun, checking for leaks.
Follow the manufacturer’s directions for adjusting the dose.
When the interval between uses of the applicator gun is expected to exceed 12 hours, disconnect the gun and draw-off tubing from the product container and empty the product from the gun and tubing back into the product container. To prevent removal of special lubricants from the Protector Drench Gun, the gun and tubing must not be washed.
20 Liter Pack (676 fl oz/20 L Pack):
Use dosing equipment (applicator, draw-off tubing, cap with stem) compatible with Ivomec Pour-on (ivermectin topical solution). Other dosing equipment may be incompatible, resulting in locking, incorrect dosage and leakage. Follow the dosing equipment manufacturer’s directions for adjusting the dose and proper use and maintenance of the dosing equipment. Connect the dosing applicator and the draw-off tubing to the container as follows:
Attach the open end of the draw-off tubing to an appropriate dosing applicator. Attach draw-off tubing to the cap with the stem. Replace the shipping cap with the cap having the draw-off tubing. Gently prime the dosing applicator, checking for leaks.
When the interval between uses of the applicator gun is expected to exceed 12 hours, disconnect the gun, draw-off tubing and cap with stem from the product container, empty the product from the gun and tubing back into the product container and replace the shipping cap.