PetAlive KC-Defense Granules
Homeopathic medicine for dry, hacking coughs and sneezing.
- Relieves symptoms of acute kennel cough.
- Clears chest for easy breathing.
- Protects the respiratory system.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Great boost before a visit to a kennel or veterinary surgery.
What is KC-Defense?
PetAlive KC-Defense is a safe, non-addictive, 100% natural homeopathic OTC medicine formulated especially for pets to relieve and soothe kennel cough and other respiratory tract infections. It may be used before visits to the vet, kennels, catteries, etc. or acutely to address an active infection.
KC-Defense is also an excellent companion remedy to homeopathic Respo-K, as it relieves the symptoms of colds and respiratory infections in pets. Used together, KC-Defense and Respo-K can provide immediate symptomatic relief of respiratory infections and kennel cough in pets, and improve long-term respiratory health by strengthening the immune system and promoting optimal lung functioning.
KC-Defense comes in convenient, dissolvable granule form. Safe and easy to administer, these pleasant tasting granules are simply sprinkled on your pet's tongue and rapidly absorbed in the mouth.
All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in a FDA and cGMP registered pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
What is kennel cough and what are the symptoms?
Kennel cough is a highly contagious upper respiratory infection that often affects animals that are kept in a confined space such as boarding kennels, dog shows or veterinary hospitals.
Symptoms include a persistent dry hacking cough or bouts of deep harsh coughing often followed by gagging, which may produce a foamy mucus.
What is the conventional treatment?
Mild cases may improve without treatment. Conventional treatment of kennel cough often involves antibiotics which tend to relieve the animal's symptoms fairly quickly, but also have a general weakening effect on their immune system, which can cause further problems, especially in the long-term.
Vaccinations to prevent kennel cough are also often recommended. But research indicates that frequent vaccination or over-vaccination may unnecessarily stress a pet's immune system.
KC-Defense is a 100% homeopathic formula, contains these HPUS ingredients in therapeutic dosage, and has the following indications (purposes): Bryonia 6C, Echinacea purp 3X, Ferrum phos 6C, Kali sulph 6C, Mag phos 6C, and Plantago 3X.
- Bryonia 6C is a proven natural remedy which is very effective for the treatment of coughs and dry mucus membranes, as well as the clearing of mucus from the chest.
- Echinacea purp 3X is one of the top selling ingredients for the treatment of colds, flu and other viral infections. It is used for post-nasal catarrh.
- Ferrum phos 6C is one of the most important biochemic tissue salts to use when there is any infection or inflammation in the body. It helps to distribute iron and oxygen throughout the body, strengthen cell walls and fight infection.
- Kali sulph 6C is a biochemic tissue salt that is essential for distributing life, giving oxygen throughout the body and keeping cell membranes in peak health. It is often called the 'natural antibiotic' of the tissue salts and together with Ferrum phos can treat both the initial, secondary and third stages of infection. Kali sulph is used for a variety of chest infections, including chronic cough, asthma, bronchitis and even pneumonia.
- Mag phos 6C is a natural painkiller and antispasmodic and is very helpful for bronchial spasms and other forms of spasmodic cough.
- Plantago 3X is a homeopathic remedy that is well known for treating dry coughs. It is also an effective expectorant and anti-catarrhal and helps to expel mucus build up in the lungs.
Inactive Ingredients: Organic Sucrose.
Indications for use
PetAlive KC-Defense is a 100% natural homeopathic OTC medicine formulated especially for pets to relieve and soothe kennel cough and other respiratory tract infections. It may be used before visits to the vet, kennels, catteries, etc. or acutely to address an active infection.