Supports balanced behavior and relaxation
Zylkene is a complementary feed for cats and dogs which contains a natural product, derived from casein, a protein in milk. It is a molecule well known to promote the relaxation of new-borns after breastfeeding.
Each Zylkene capsule contains:
- Active ingredients:
|Name||Hydrolyzed Milk Protein (Bovine) (mg)|
|Zylkene 75mg for Dogs and Cats||75|
|Zylkene 225mg for Dogs||225|
|Zylkene 450mg for Dogs||450|
- Inactive ingredients:
- FD&C blue #1
- Magnesium stearate
- Titanium dioxide
Indications for use
Zylkene can be used short term to help an animal overcome a destabilising situation:
- Being away from home (holidays, kennels, catteries...)
Zylkene can also be used for longer periods of time, after consideration of other potential causes:
- Animal adoption
- Being home alone
- Moving to a new house
- Cohabitation with other pets
- New baby in the household
- Thunderstorm season
Zylkene is a complementary feed which can safely be given long term.
It can be given to nursing queens or bitches as well as to kittens and puppies going through weaning.
Administration and dosage
The recommended daily dose should be given as a single dose. The capsule can be opened and the powder mixed with food or a treat.
Please follow instructions provided by your veterinarian.
For short term use:
- Begin administration 1-2 days before the predicted event or change in environment. Some animals may need earlier administration (5-7 days).
For long term use:
- Start giving Zylkene for one month then reassess the pet. Association with a behaviour modification program may help in these situations.
Cats and dogs 10 lbs & under: 1 capsule daily
Cats and dogs 11-22 lbs: 2 capsules daily
Dogs 22-32 lbs: 1 capsule daily
Dogs 33-65 lbs: 2 capsules daily
Cats 22 lbs and up: 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your veterinarian
Dogs 33-65 lbs: 1 capsule daily
Dogs 66-132 lbs: 2 capsules daily