recommend this product
The dewormers I purchased from Vetito arrived very quickly, without problems. They are very important for the health and well being of my animals.
This does the trick! Loved the speed in which it was shipped too!
Treatment of parasitic infestations
Dewormer & boticide paste
Ivermectin Paste is a apple flavor oral paste that allows horses to reach their full potential by providing effective, safe parasite protection.
Each Ivermectin Paste syringe contains:
- Ivermectin: 1.87%
Indications for use
Ivermectin Paste provides effective control of the following parasites in horses:
- Large Strongyles (adults)
- Strongylus vulgaris (also early forms in blood vessels), S. edentatus (also tissue stages), S. equinus, Triodontophorus spp. including T. brevicauda and T. serratus and Craterostomum acuticaudatum.
- Small Strongyles (adults, including those resistant to
some benzimidazole class compounds)
- Coronocyclus spp. including C. coronatus, C. labiatus and C. labratus, Cyathostomum spp. including C. catinatum and C. pateratum; Cylicocyclus spp. including C. insigne, C. leptostomum, C. nassatus, and C. brevicapsulatus; Cylicodontophorus spp.; Cylicostephanus spp. including C. calicatus, C. goldi, C. longibursatus, and C. minutus and Petrovinema poculatum.
- Small Strongyles- Fourth-stage larvae.
- Pinworms (adults and fourthstage larvae)- Oxyuris equi.
- Ascarids (adults, third-stage and fourth-stage larvae)- Parascaris equorum.
- Hairworms (adults)- Trichostrongylus axei; Large-mouth Stomach Worms (adults)- Habronema muscae.
- Bots (oral and gastric stages)- Gasterophilus spp. including G. intestinalis and G. nasalis.
- Lungworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae)- Dictyocaulus arnfieldi
- Intestinal Threadworms (adults)- Strongyloides westeri.
- Summer Sores caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous third-stage larvae
- Dermatitis caused by neck threadworm microfilariae, Onchocerca sp.
Administration and dosage
Ivermectin Paste syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1250 lb horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per lb (200 mcg/kg) body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lb body weight.
While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
Make sure that the horse’s mouth contains no feed.
Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
Insert the syringe tip into the horse’s mouth at the space between the teeth.
Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing.