Quest Plus Gel
Horse Dewormer & Boticide (including tapeworms)
Quest Plus Gel is a dewormer and boticide for horses and ponies of six month and older.
Each Quest Plus Gel mL contains:
- Moxidectin 20 mg
- Praziquantel 125 mg
Indications for use
When administered at the recommended dose level of 0.4 mg moxidectin/kg and 2.5 mg praziquantel/kg (2.2 lb) body weight, Quest Plus Gel is effective in the treatment and control of the following stages of gastrointestinal parasites in horses and ponies:
- Strongylus vulgaris (adults and L4 /L5 arterial stages), Strongylus edentatus (adults and tissue stages), Triodontophorus brevicauda (adults) and Triodontophorus serratus (adults)
Small Strongyles (adults):
Cyathostomum spp. including: Cyathostomum catinatum and Cyathostomum pateratum
Cylicostephanus spp., including: Cylicostephanus calicatus Cylicostephanus goldi, Cylicostephanus longibursatus and Cylicostephanus minutus
Cylicocyclus spp., including: Cylicocyclus insigne, Cylicocyclus leptostomum, Cylicocyclus nassatus and Cylicocyclus radiatus
Coronocyclus spp., including: Coronocyclus coronatus, Coronocyclus labiatus, Coronocyclus labratus, Gyalocephalus capitatus and Petrovinema poculatus
- Undifferentiated lumenal larvae
- Late L3 and L4 mucosal cyathostome larvae
- Parascaris equorum (adults and L4 larval stages)
- Oxyuris equi (adults and L4 larval stages)
- Trichostrongylus axei (adults)
Large-mouth stomach worms:
- Habronema muscae – (adults)
Horse stomach bots:
- Gasterophilus intestinalis (2nd and 3rd instars) and Gasterophilus nasalis (3rd instars)
One administration of the recommended dose rate of Quest Plus Gel also suppresses strongyle egg production through 84 days.
Administration and dosage
Quest Plus Gel is specially formulated as a palatable gel which is easily administered to horses and ponies. The product is packaged in ready-to-use syringes.
The syringe is calibrated in 50-pound increments, up to 1500 pounds.
This enables the administration of the recommended dose level of 0.4 mg moxidectin/kg body weight by choosing a setting consistent with the animal’s weight.
How to set the dose:
- Since the dose is based on the weight of the animal, you need to use a scale or weight tape to find each animal’s weight before treating with Quest Plus Gel. Once the weight is known, set the dose for each horse or pony as follows:
- Hold the syringe with the capped end pointing to the left and so that you can see the weight measurements and tick marks (small black lines). Each tick mark relates to 50 lb of body weight.
- Turn the white dial ring until the left side of the ring lines up with the weight of the anima
How to give Quest Plus Gel to ta horse or pony:
- Make sure there is no feed in the animal’s mouth.
- Remove the cap from the end of the syringe. Save the cap for reuse.
- Place the tip of the syringe inside the animal’s mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the gel on the back of the tongue.
- Remove the syringe from the animal’s mouth and raise the animal’s head slightly to make sure it swallows the gel.
- Replace the syringe cap.
Treating a second horse or pony with the same syringe:
- If the first animal you treat weighs less than 1500 lb, there will be gel left in the syringe. You can use this gel to treat other horses or ponies. To set the next dose, add the weight of the animal you want to treat to the dose setting already on the syringe. For example, if the syringe was first used to treat a 250 lb animal, the white dial ring is set on 250 lb. To treat a 500 lb animal next, move the white dial ring to the 750 lb marking (250+500=750). You need more than one syringe to treat horses weighing more than 1500 lb.