Dectomax Pour-on is a ready-to-use, systemically active, clear, light blue solution for cattle.
Each ml of Dectomax Pour-on contains:
- Doramectin 5 mg
Indications for use
Dectomax Pour-on solution is indicated for the treatment and control of the following species of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, grubs, biting and sucking lice, horn flies, and mange mites in cattle. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- Ostertagia ostertagi (adults and L4, including inhibited larvae)
- O. lyrata (adults)
- Haemonchus placei (adults and L4)
- Trichostrongylus axei (adults and L4)
- T. colubriformis (adults and L4)
- Cooperia oncophora (adults1 and L4)
- C. pectinata (adults)
- C. punctata (adults and L4)
- C. surnabada (adults)
- Bunostomum phlebotomum (adults)
- Oesophagostomum radiatum (adults and L4)
- Trichuris spp. (adults)
- Efficacy below 90% was observed against adult C. oncophora in some clinical studies.
Lungworms (adults and fourth stage larvae)
- Dictyocaulus viviparus
- Thelazia gulosa (adults)
- T. skrjabini (adults)
- Biting Lice
- Bovicola (Damalinia) bovis
- Haematopinus eurysternus
- Linognathus vituli
- Solenopotes capillatus
- Hypoderma bovis
- H. lineatum
- Haematobia irritans
- Chorioptes bovis
- Sarcoptes scabiei
Administration and dosage
Administer Dectomax Pour-on solution to cattle topically at a dosage of 500 mcg doramectin per kg (227 mcg/lb) of body weight. Each mL contains 5 mg of doramectin, sufficient to treat 22 lb (10 kg) of body weight.
For the best results, Dectomax Pour-on solution should be a part of a parasite control program for both internal and external parasites based on the epidemiology of these parasites. Consult a veterinarian or an entomologist for information regarding the most effective timing of applications.